The Liebster Award 2018 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means ‘sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome’.
Super excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award! Repeat After Me, thank you so much for the consideration and nomination, I love it! Guys, if you haven’t been to Anna’s blog yet, GO! Over in her neck of the woods, Anna writes about all things parenting, kids, and teaching, and has this amazing photography page that makes me want to visit New Zealand (her homeland) as soon as possible! So, yeah, if you haven’t visited her site yet, you need to go, do, and follow!
As far as I go, I’m Kay, and I’m the wife of one amazingly gracious and loving man and the mom of three amazingly wild and wonderful children! My passions are Christ, my husband, my family. When I’m not busy changing diapers or figuring out how to fill the bottomless pits that are their stomachs, you will find me here, writing about my faith, my anxiety, my family, and all my life’s experiences. My goal is to share what I’ve been through and what I’ve learned so that I can hopefully encourage and inspire others along their own paths in life. Christ is and always will be the way, and I love showing what that looks like in my own life!
Questions for me:
- What movie do you REALLY wish had a different ending? Pretty much any movie that ends suddenly and is left to your own interpretation. Is it awful I can’t think of a single one right now? I’m sure you guys can…if you do, leave me a note in the comments! I’m sure I’ll come up with one later!
- What makes you feel truly happy? Honestly, my life and walk with God makes me truly happy. I’ve walked many different paths in my life, and none have ever fulfilled me. There’s always been something missing. My walk with Christ with me wholly following Him, wherever He leads…THAT has made me truly happy!
- What is your favourite strange sandwich filling? Chocolate chips! No judging, but there is nothing like a peanut butter chocolate chip sandwich!
- Where is the most memorable place in the world you have visited and why was it memorable? Oh my gosh, there are so many, but I would have to say Ocean City, Maryland. It has been my vacation spot since I was a child, and it was also the place my husband asked me to marry him!
- What was an act of kindness that stood out to you, in your life or another’s? I have to say that my most favorite acts of kindness are the ones my children do for each other!
- What is something you are proud of having accomplished? Firstly, let me say that there is absolutely nothing that I have accomplished apart from God. With that said, I am most proud to be a wife, mom, daughter, and sister.
- What 5 words would you use to describe yourself? Child of God, wife, mom, daughter, sister
- What is the last thing you did that you feel guilty about? The mom guilt gets me every time, whether I’ve done something wrong or not!
- If you were to leave your partner for a famous person, who would it be? I’d never, never, never do that. My husband’s my guy for life!
- When was the last time you laughed uncontrollably and what was it about? Oddly, it was in the waiting room with my mom while waiting to get scary tests. Most of my uncontrollable laughter comes from times with my mom (and in odd places like that!)
- What ‘home help’ would you most like (personal chef, nanny, gardener etc) and why? Someone needs to come and clean and organize my house ASAP. I don’t care if it’s a chef, a nanny, a gardener, etc. They just need to get in here and clean this thing!
- Foxglove Avenue – For any of you trying to run your home and your business, this blog is for you. I need to spend some time on this blog, because she literally maps out for you some real life, workable ways to get (& keep) you, your family and your home organized so that you can have time for your business or, dare I say, relaxation!
- Anything But Chores – Andrea writes about homeschooling, homesteading, and what it’s like to travel with little ones. With over 2,000 pins, she’s got a killer Pinterest profile going on too that’s definitely worth checking out!
- It’s Me, Lady G – This is “a lifestyle, beauty, and mommy blog dedicated to making healthy, fearless living less intimidating.” (I would have used my own words, but Lady G just said them so well!). Anyways, come to her blog, and you will find a plethora of posts based on living well and living healthy! Consider me a new follower!
- Resurrecting Marriage – Whether our marriages are in a tough spot right now or not, we all need to be working on our marriages. Scrolling through their blog, there is not one post on their site where I’m not left feeling like I must read it….NOW! If you’re married or thinking about getting married, I highly recommend these guys!
- Picki Penguin – Picki Penguin blogs about all things baby and the life of a mom and sprinkles it all with toy and baby product reviews that make me want to buy everything she posts!
- Hobbyism – Hobbyism takes a unique approach to her niche and covers a new hobby in each post. One of her posts that I was drawn to was about hobbies to reduce your anxiety! Count me in!
- Essentially Kylie D – Kylie D, is admirably writing about her own personal battle with cancer. Here, she talks about surviving cancer and encourages others along their own personal walk and battle with it. She also writes about essential oils, health and fitness, and college life.
- Sunflowers From Mi Abuela – In her own words, this blog “is a family and lifestyle blog that aims at celebrating and enjoying life’s moments with the help and insight passed down from the women that came before us.” Dedicating this blog to her grandmother, Jenny combines research with everything else she has learned along the way to help others make whole, healthy choices for them and their families.
- Happy Mom Hacks – Covering family meals, travel, kids parties, and other tips and tricks, Happy Mom Hacks is filled with ideas that make family life a little easier to tackle!
Questions for the nominees:
If you decide to accept the award, here are the 10 questions you will need to answer:
- Morning person or sleep in all day (if you could) kind of person?
- Full course meal or skip the grub and go straight for dessert?
- What is your most favorite blog post that you have written so far (include the link)?
- Who is your favorite blogger or type of blogger (include link, if you can!)?
- What are you happiest doing?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Following question 6, who would you want to go with, or would you rather go solo?
- What show are you currently binge watching on Netflix (come on, I can’t be the only one!)?
- If you could be wildly successful in whatever you chose to do, what would you pick? (btw, they say that the thing you choose here is actually what you should be chasing in real life!)
- If you were given the opportunity to travel the world (with family) and get paid blogging, would you do it?
Rules of the Liebster Award 2018~
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional in 2018)
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
To accept the nomination, answer my questions, tag me and notify me of your post by commenting on my post! I look forward to reading your answers! Remember to nominate other bloggers so we can all continue discovering new blogs, building relationships, and supporting one another!
**Featured Image by The Global Aussie